View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 11:53 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Lawnworks View Post
Out of all the trimmer lines that Amazon sells, this looks like the best. I have a couple of Husqvarna 223L trimmers, but I plan on keeping the guards on them. I would love to hear whether anybody who uses this Gator Platinum Supertwist (.095) line with the guards is experiencing considerable guard wear.
I have a 223L and have run the Super Twist line on it. While the cut is impressive, the line will slightly bog down the 223L, so I went back to Echo Crossfire on it. It didn't damage my guard at all, but I didn't use it for more than a spool or two before realizing it was a bit too much line for the 223. I have the .105" as well. It is impressive line for sure, but you need enough HP to run it. My FS90 and FS250 will pull it fine.

BTW- the .105" line is the exact same diameter as all my .095" lines for some reason, so that was partly why I picked it up, the other reason being they didn't have any other sizes when I fianlly found some at a dealer. The .095" should be slightly thinner and the 223 might pull it ok.

Page generated in 0.03591 seconds with 7 queries