View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 02:21 PM
LawnSite Member
I first read of this issue for the first time here on LawnSite some three months ago. I mentioned it to my Cheetah dealer, and my Stihl dealer. They both concur with the process. So I'm trying it.

BUT, do I soak the line for 24 hours before using, or do I just drop the contents of the line in water and forget about it until I need another twenty foot piece to re-spool the trimmer.

I used some unknown string (from Lowe's) for several years. I though it was a good idea buying a five pound package of this stuff. I quickly discovered the poor quality when I found my self bumping the trimmer "every few feet" (I trim 1450 feet every time I cut grass, no roundup).

Well, I finally used up all that awful string (five pounds of it), and am using my first spool of Maruyama M FORCE EDGE premium string. I find myself bumping the trimmer head far less often (that's a good thing right...???).

I discovered this Maruyama string while searching & reading this site about the ultimate string. So, I went out and purchased a half-pound package. I also have a one-pound package of Oregon Magnum Gator line (super twist) waiting to be used.

I have thought about using the two lines intermittenly throughout the summer until the M Force line is used up. That would give my quick info about which one is serving me best.

Any thoughts on this matter ...???

Wilson Boudreaux
from Cajun Country

Page generated in 0.03953 seconds with 8 queries