View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 11:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Same here....with the rainfall and then the last couple weeks being relatively dry.

BUT My lawns are all fine....The lawns in my area people think are "burning up" aren't burning up, it's fungus. A wet spring with cool nights are prime ingredients for fungus, especially with dull blades. A fungus allowed to go with no treatment can result in a "burned up" looking lawn.

I actually had a call today from a client wanting me too take over because "the last lawn care guy cut too low and caused his lawn to burn"..........I stopped by and what he thought was "burnt out" grass was actually infested with a fungus.

some fungus can actually be transferred by wildlife, let alone if you are cutting a lawn with fungus....it will travel to the next lawn you mow, especially if you have dull blades....

I'm not saying this is the case with you, but just throwing it out there for others as a possibility since some see brown grass and automatically assume it's dead because of being burnt out from lack of water instead of pulling a blade of grass and seeing how it looks.

Page generated in 0.03937 seconds with 7 queries