View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 12:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Got my Puffer seat base installed Tuesday. Took it out on my roughest property which is super rutted in spots. It made a huge difference in comfort on my 152z and to my surprise I saved about 12 mins on my cut time. I was able to carry more speed at a higher comfort rate.

My mechanical suspension sat at 4 1/2" to the bottom of the seat.(with no one on seat)Once seated sat about 2 1/2-3"

Puffer inflated sat at 6 1/4" to seat bottom (with no one on seat) Once seated would hover around 3 1/2" - 4 "

The Puffer is very tunable for conditions on the fly. I found I needed a little more pressure for the super rough commercial property I cut. So far on all my other lawns I found a little less pressure was better for a more comfortable ride.

The extra height of the Puffer placed my levers for the hydro's closer to my legs but on my Gravely my levers were easily adjusted up for more comfort.

Even though the Puffer sit's higher I was still able to cut my hill's just the same as before with the mechanical suspension. One thing I did notice when going up a large hill I noticed that I actually brace my feet firmly on the floorboard and as I start climbing the hill I found my bracing caused the Puffer to extend to the top of the suspension which felt weird and caught me by surprise. But this caused no real issue and if I don't want it to happen I have to not brace myself.

Another thing that I noticed is as the seat suspension collapses it actually moves the seat forward just a little and at first it felt kinda like the seat was popping forward on the hinge . It's just another thing to get use to that's all.

As far as a company go's I can't say enough about Mark the owner of the company. He backs the unit with a money back guarantee and when I questioned about the 300lb max weight rating he assured me the seat was up to the task but if any problems were to arise he was going to get the parts upgraded to make me a custom unit.

Mark has personally tested the air bladder up to 500lbs .And the bladder is rated to handle up to 100psi and the onboard compressor on the suspension only pumps up to 45lb max so the unit has a large safety margin to protect from failures. Saying that I will be putting a thrashing on the unit and will update this thread after some hr's are accrued .

Comfort wise it's leaps and bounds better then my mechanical suspension IMO !!!!!

Have more pics but they won't load .Will try to get some more in the next couple days for you guys .
Attached Images

Page generated in 0.04079 seconds with 8 queries