Thread: RLS Pictures
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 09:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRi24 View Post
Dampers? on what? I think the other part of the problem is that I'm a BIG dude (about 6'2" maybe 6'3" with boots on at about 300 lbs)...I couldnt get comfortable on the thing. Even my employee said I looked extremely awkward riding on it hahaha. I feel like if it had more conventional controls like a ZTR type mower that would really help a lot.

As I've said before, I like my Stander a lot. We do a mix of really small lawns with a lot tight spots and intricate maneuvering and tight spots and also some larger properties with wide open areas. The Standers allow us to efficiently do all of those places with the same set of machines. I will be the first to admit that the Wright cut quality leaves some to be desired, HOWEVER, I feel that the pros outweigh the cons and we can deal with the cut. No one has ever complained about the cut quality, but then again no one has ever complimented SPECIFICALLY on it either.
I disagree, the walker allows me to get into places my stander would never go near. The controls are so much better then a zero turn, my walkers in the shop right now because its lost its ability to cut even and now I have a 61" zero turn (demo) until mine is fixed and I can't wait to give it back my arms are not use to the controls on the zero turn as its been 4years since I last owned one. I also have to trim about 30% less area when using the walker, the time you loose in mowing speed is made up from the time you gain in trimming plus less to blow off when using the walker.

Page generated in 0.03483 seconds with 7 queries