View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm not in your area so Kentucky Blue is not my cup of tea. When everything is down; yes water the hell out of it at first. They should have rolled the lawn, and the deep watering will help stick it down and get it caught up. If it is turning yellow then it could be some areas that are not taking. Sometimes a few patches do not take and need to be replaced. Not often, but sometimes. Your version of yellowing and mine could lead me to believe it is getting too much water and it has a fungus. He should have treated with a fungicide and insecticide anyway. You do this to prevent disease, not treat after it has it. Also you go ahead and treat for any insect issues that may arise. Depending on the amount of sun, watering everyday may be required, but after a week or two cut it back to a pretty normal schedule but you may way to bump up the time on the zones that reach those areas. If you overwater it will get thin and look terrible. You want to keep it hydrated just with what it is going to use. And do not put any fertilizer on it other than milorganite. This stuff is all natural and you can get it at any fertilizer supplier or easily Home Depot. If you put anything else on it you may stunt the growth of the grass. Also, forget using herbicides for a while until it matures some. But this is how we do things on St Augustine, Centipede, and Bermuda sod in the South East.
1 DTE Single Axle
Toros
Stihls
Gravelys
Lesco

Page generated in 0.03664 seconds with 7 queries