View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Self employment is not all that people (like Zedo) make it cut out to be.

You haven't been able to pay yourself a salary because the business is not making money. If it's not making money - then its time to have a "come to Jesus talk" with yourself.

Do you realize you could make $70k per year driving a tractor trailer??

Finding good help is a total nightmare. Hard to find good help if the money isn't there to pay them what they're really worth.

Is there an area within 60 miles from you that has higher income levels? See, the recession was a blessing in disguise for me. We used to work primarily within 25 miles of our shop. I got desperate for money and ventured out to working 60 miles away, sometimes even further. WOW, what a difference, a whole different market! I'm making money, I am on the company's payroll and I'm on salary! Yeah, I must wake up at the crack of dawn, but I'm financially secure. I kick myself for not venturing further out from the day one.

My guys. They get paid modestly per hour. We usually work Mon-Thursday (4 days a week, usually 10-12 hr days).

You should look around and see if there are other markets you can service

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Page generated in 0.04298 seconds with 7 queries