View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by headz77 View Post
Do you feel comfortable pausing Adwords and seeing what happens?
I have no issue pausing adwords at all, the only thing I like about it is that it does get the website and company name in front of people so many times before someone actually clicks it. That is the only advantage that I can see of using it.

I read a recent article talking about how with google's front page becoming more and more paid ad's (up to 30% I think was the range) that organic results are not as important from S.E.O as they once were. I tend to disagree with that as I personally generally automatically look past the first three or four results knowing if they are highlighted they are paid ads and often not exactly what I am searching for. I just wonder if most people who grew up with the web do the same, just avoiding the first few results.
TBH I really do not look at the ads on the right side of the page either. I think my google use has trained me to look past them and wonder if that is not the case for most people who have been using the web for awhile.

Also does anyone understand how google places chooses who gets lettered/ranked? I pull letter/rank A. for Sod...but when I filled out my places info...I listed Lawn Care first then Sod yet I get ranked in the A. position instead of say the local sod farm. Don't get me wrong I am happy about that...but I am more concern about improving my position on the local listing for lawn maintenance, which currently has a few spray companies. I assume they rank as the drop down menu on the places form does not really distinguish or offer enough green industry catagories...but rather allow only the broad term of Lawn Care.

Thoughts?

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!

Page generated in 0.04024 seconds with 7 queries