Thread: RWF, Inc.
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomass View Post
This one is a 2002 (466) and the other is a 1997 (7.3L). Both of these have been great for me and I've heard of some issues with the newer ones. I don't know what truck #3 will be but the M2 Freightliner is pretty sweet. I've got a 2005(?) International with a freshly rebuilt engine but it's a plow truck that doesn't see much action. It does run good though.
About 3 yrs ago I had a conversation with a man that used to manage an International dealership. I said to him "I see a lot of new internationals sitting on the side of the road". He said "Yes you do, the engines are junk", his words!

There are alotta moving companies in VA with the internationals. Lordy, I see alotta broken down brand new international moving trucks on the Dulles Toll road!

And yes, the Freightliners seem to be the better truck, mechanically. The Mercedes engines seem to be doing very well.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Page generated in 0.04050 seconds with 7 queries