View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 02:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Things are looking up for my tools.

I took my handheld stihl blower into Ace hardware for service because it was lacking power and difficult to start. Checked the spark plug, changed the air filter and even messed with the little dials didn't know what to do because the thing is less than a year old. So I broke down and took it to the little Ace hardware who happens to sell stihl products and hoped they would not charge me an arm and a leg to figure it out. They called me the next day to go pick it up. The repair tag said that the exhaust was cleaned out and to use premium gas.

So I went searching around and found 91 octane containing 10% ethanol. (For years I have been using 87 octane). The first tool I had a chance to try the mixture out on was my Less Easy start Stihl Hedge trimmer. Normally the thing is difficult to start and sounds like it is threaten to die and seems to have a difficulty. Man oh man I am so glad I made this change because it was like I hade a new machine. The sluggishness was gone. The idle was true and I held my machine with confidence.
My Honda HRR mower runs faster than it normally would at the same throttle setting.
I am so glad to have this site with all ya all in it giving a smorgus-board of ideas.cool2:

Page generated in 0.04313 seconds with 7 queries