Thread: New to me Skid
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member
Dont get me wrong new hollands are good machines ( i own 3) but i previously owned a c185 (2006) and it was nothing but problems. I was constantly going through idlers, and went through 2 drive motors within 700 hours. The machine was just out of warranty and i ended up paying around 6k each plus my guys labour to install them. And at the time when the last drive motor went i got the very last one in the world. They where on quite a back order at the time. There was a common problem where a seal goes out in the back of the drive motor . Make sure you check the oil level in the drives every couple hundred hours , and really really clean around the drive (ecspecially behind it where the dirt hides and is very hard to get) Besides that it was a great machine when it ran. I now have a 2009 c175 with only a 150 hours on it which i am very happy with and havent had a single issue. How many hours are on your unit?

Erosion and Sediment control bmp installations, Excavating and Grading services, Acoustic, Chainlink, and sound fence installations

Check out our new YouTube account!
Page generated in 0.03723 seconds with 8 queries