Thread: New to me Skid
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Dont get me wrong new hollands are good machines ( i own 3) but i previously owned a c185 (2006) and it was nothing but problems. I was constantly going through idlers, and went through 2 drive motors within 700 hours. The machine was just out of warranty and i ended up paying around 6k each plus my guys labour to install them. And at the time when the last drive motor went i got the very last one in the world. They where on quite a back order at the time. There was a common problem where a seal goes out in the back of the drive motor . Make sure you check the oil level in the drives every couple hundred hours , and really really clean around the drive (ecspecially behind it where the dirt hides and is very hard to get) Besides that it was a great machine when it ran. I now have a 2009 c175 with only a 150 hours on it which i am very happy with and havent had a single issue. How many hours are on your unit?

A.E.L

Excavating, Grading, Demolition, Land Clearing, Custom Grinding Services, Storm water management, Erosion Control.

Page generated in 0.03919 seconds with 7 queries