View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Basically the guy said that if I decide to go with them they come early September, spray the whole thing with Roundup. 5-7 days later they aerate, scarify, level and put new seed down, and use the dying old grass as 'base' for the new one. He said that the amount of poa and millet make it worthless to work with the existing lawn and I have to agree with him.

Anyway it doesn't look like I'll be able to work with them, not enough funds at the moment. I plan to aerate as quickly as possible though because the compaction is really bad and then think what to do about poa and millet. I'm not the kind of guy who will settle with all those yellowish spots around (sadly). I might go on and start from scratch but surely not this season and when I think about the work that it takes it crushes down on me Maybe next year will bring on better times and I can call them then? who knows.

For this season all I want is to get the grass to cover the bald spots, I'll call that good even with the poa. I'm pretty sure aeration will help. Or at least I really hope it will.

Thanks

Page generated in 0.04392 seconds with 7 queries