View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexschultz1 View Post
Hah I'm sure he's thinking about his insurance, tax, and equipment depreciation. it's included in his $25 service
It's a lot harder to grow a customer base without customers than it is with them. Try being 18 again with an old lawn tractor, a 13 year old truck, and a utility trailer trying to charge top professional rates for a 2 hour job in the middle of a low income neighborhood and tell me how successful you are. You have to start somewhere and If I listened to people like you, I would have spent that day sitting on my ass doing nothing, instead of being outside and proving my abilities and attempting to establish a business. That costs a lot more than knocking down some weeds. I already have funds saved for wear and tear and know more goes into it than $3 for gas. Every little use degrades equipment a little bit more, but that's why you buy decent stuff and perform this thing called routine maintenance.

Honestly, I feel like I spend more time defending myself on this forum than I do learning how to run a business.

And you can try ragging on a $25 service, but when you don't know the lawn, the area, or anything about the local pricing, you're just going to make yourself look like an ass. Good job.

Page generated in 0.04573 seconds with 7 queries