View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

It depends on what kind of leaves you have... around here we could easily get away with mulch mowing maple, poplar, cherry and willow leaves because the yards will never be clean for more than a few hours until next Spring...
They digest quickly and do excellent work for the soil and the turf... Michigan University has a study published that they conducted on their grasses and mulched in Maple leaves 6" thick down to where the grass was not being suffocated and by the following Spring they were gone and the grass was doing excellently...

Being "Professional" means being wiser than the H.O., more efficient and cost effective... Hauling away leaves is not more "professional" than mulching them in... I haul away pine needles and oak leaves, because they ONLY kill grass before they break down into plant food... But the others can be mulched quite well,,, especially if it is done weekly as part of natural mowing routine so as not to build up too much...

Page generated in 0.03353 seconds with 7 queries