View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveOGrady View Post
Bi weekly......so you are coming 2 times a week? -or- Bi monthly meaning (2) times a month. That's my favorite mistake. I forced a city once to throw out lower bids and hire me because the bid specs said bi-weekly and thats what I bid. I was the only one that noticed it. All the other bids had to be trashed except mine for not following the specs. I spent the winter having my crews mow nothing twice a week. I love govt work!
Not true

bi·week·ly (b-wkl)
adj.
1. Happening every two weeks.

2. Happening twice a week; semiweekly.

n. pl. bi·week·lies
A publication issued every two weeks.

adv.
1. Every two weeks.

2. Twice a week; semiweekly. See Usage Note at bi-1.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
biweekly [baɪˈwiːklɪ]
adj & adv
1. every two weeks

2. (often avoided because of confusion with sense 1) twice a week; semiweekly See bi-1

n pl -lies
(Communication Arts / Journalism & Publishing) a periodical published every two weeks

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

Your are either having fun with us, or the people who threw out the other bids don't have access to a dictionary

Page generated in 0.03435 seconds with 7 queries