View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 06:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Pulling the trigger on a Bobcat Procat this morning

I have struggled with which ztr to purchase since August 1, when my neighbor who owns a mowing service told me he could no longer handle our home/farm mowing. He also told me that if I was going to mow it myself I better get a commercial grade ztr with a heavy frame, commercial engine and separate pumps and motors.

Demo'd a 2012 Big Dog x-1052 for about 11 hours. It handled like a dream and cut well but the seat and suspension were a little rough on the big fields.

Also demo'd a Bobcat Procat and the ride was a lot more comfortable.

Finally decided on a 2013 Bobcat Pro 52" with the FX801 engine. $8699 plus tax. 5 year 500 hour home owner warranty on the ztr and 3 years on the engine and lifetime on the deck/frame.

It is hard to be accurate as to how much I mow since the tracts are interspersed with woods, but I just walked it again and I think it is about 3-4 acres of lawn and 12 acres of fields and meadows. Hope to plant some of this next year in crops and cut it down to a total of about 7-8 acres a week.

This is a large purchase for me, so wish me luck. I am buying from a dealer who has given me excellent service on my other equipment for many years.

Page generated in 0.04556 seconds with 7 queries