View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic
I would not consider that truck for your purpose. Air ride as stated is not a good idea for off road applications, although the Pete 4 bag is better than the KW 8 bag off road, still not a great suspension for this application. I had a 4 bag air in a 378 Pete pulling a side dump. I don't like the short bed. Pulling a 160 with a tag trailer is a load. I would go with a 16' bed to max your payload on the truck and also to have a longer more stable towing platform. Although you guys on the East Coast can get by with less hp than we can, I would opt for more power. Your 160 likely weighs around 37K and your trailer about 10K, if you where to pull that kind of weight with that engine, I would want a lot gears. Although the 8LL is a good dump truck tranny off road, with this application of dump trucking and heavy over the road pulling I would not consider it.

I would look for a heavier spec truck, with a longer bed but that's based on my Out West experience which may not be completely applicable to you guys Out East.
See us at

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Page generated in 0.03829 seconds with 8 queries