View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 03:59 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreplease View Post
Hi Kirk1701. First, those garden pictures look great. Congratulations!

Small point above that seems to have been glossed over in post #47:
You quote Greensoctor telling you to use 1 1/2-2 teaspoons of Malathion, the you came back with 2 TABLESPOONS would be...1 oz per gallon.

1 TBS = 3 tsp. Maybe this is part of the misunderstanding. I did not click on the label or the spray program document.
Good catch foreplease

Which now puts it at .3469 ounces to gallon so for a 4 gallon backpack I can round that off to 1.5 ounces

Second thing I just noticed in the PDF
Quote:
Peaches: Make up to 3 applications per year – at least 11 days apart. Do not apply within 7 days of harvest.
3 APPLICATIONS!!!!
Hell I'm spraying every 2 weeks

See post 43 that's why I tested the Malathion on one tree end of July and the captan on another tree. I already had suspicions with the captan but I was also questioning whether it was the Malathion also.

Hmmm
WTF else was I overspraying now I'm glad I updated my findings as you guys caught other stuff also

I'll let you know what my contact at U.Kentucky says after I bring this to his attention.

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women

Page generated in 0.04314 seconds with 7 queries