View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
well my curiosity got the best of me and had some free time, so i stopped by one of my local ford dealers and drove the number one selling pick up truck in the country, the f150, I test drove a fully loaded super crew, with the 3.5 eco boost and i will say the 365hp it makes with the turbo really makes it scoot along very nicely, the 6spd transmission compliments the power perfectly. the heated and air cooled seats work great on a hot day....and the towing capacity of 11,000lbs makes it possible for it to tow a trailer in a back up situation if my f350 was to break down. i have no doubt this truck could easily tow my lawn trailer which is a dual axle 18' big tex 10pi with my scag cheetah no issues and get the same if not better fuel economy then my 7.3 turbo diesel f350 with a tuner in it, and the f150 is actually comfortable to drive and i don't have to worry about it breaking down like a newer diesel truck, plus empty they supposedly get over 20mpg on the highway. Anyone using this combo for doing estimates or as a personal vehicle? thoughts? the msrp was a little scary at 50,000 but i'm sure the truck could be bought closer to 35,000 with some patience...
My father bought a load lariat one it sucks on gas Pulled a 12 ft trailer and hauled 2 72'' DC from St Louis and only got 9-10 out of it that's running I 70 interstate That's pulling out of overdrive
His empty does get 20 out of it
His Powerstoke gets better towing then his 3.5 ECO boost
Even my 5.4 gets better towing

Page generated in 0.04073 seconds with 7 queries