Thread: Big Decision
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2003, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Cool.

I think GLAN has the best post I've read in a long time! After 27 years and still eager to take on the day. GLAN hope you can find the time for the post you were wanting to put together....

I'd say whether is was a hobby, is a hobby, or never was, the best thing is being able to determine your own future, rather than relying on someone or having your fate determined by someone else. Think of the Enrons, the Montana Power, and others--Whoosh, the jobs were GONE because someone else was stealing the whole dang cookie jar while the workers were busting their as working more hours, and putting up with jerks, just for a paycheck.

BUT that has to be balanced with, no matter what you still end up "working for someone" and having to be there Monday at 9a.m. It's all pretty much the same to me. Being able to determine ones future in corporate just means making the annual reviews, asking for the right money, not pising on the wrong people... etc, right???? That's just like operating your own business....

Speaking of which, I've got to get back to work. I have a client deadline tomorrow morning for an assignment.

Page generated in 0.03745 seconds with 7 queries