View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Member

This forum has quieted down a bit. Just read all 100 pages and have a couple of questions. I received my offer from Dupont and need advice.

I will use 5 years additional grown projections to their tree height after I laser measure to ensure they are accurate. I know they are WAY off on circumference of a tree. Does this matter for compensation, or is just height?

I plan on using my Golf Laser, stand back 20 yards or so, shoot the bottom of the tree, then the top of tree and use algebra? A2+B2=C2, right? Any other advice?

I have their offer per foot of tree height but how should I find their values for trees that are that height plus 5 years?

I also have a 70 foot tree that is dead as all get out that I had already cut all limbs off due to power lines. The inspector rated it a zero because all limbs were gone but it's within feet of the other 8 trees of same species that all were rated 4-5. Unreasonable to believe this tree shouldn't get compensated.. So 5 years growth (past and future till soil is o.k.) would put it closer or above 80 feet. How should I even begin to value that tree as it's the tallest of my bunch and I therefore have no reference on their listed charts.. when it was inspected the guy told me he made plenty of notes that the tree was toast but it didn't show scars because limbs were all cut off already.

THANKS!!!

Page generated in 0.03837 seconds with 7 queries