View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDogSVC View Post
ALL true. I'm not getting any younger, either. I don't want to be 50 and just clearing cedar trees though I enjoy mulching brush piles. I'm weird. I don't like clearing land. I like to clean it up.. improve it but I'm not into landscaping too much but so far I've used the 335 to take down a large metal building after a fire, build a boulder retaining wall in a live creek, crush metal to haul for recycling, and load and move large, dead trees in tight spots and dig large holes to plant trees the last three seasons. I've also buried my share of the neighbor's horses (non profit horse farm that does wounded warrior therapy). Having a longer reach and the power to dig through difficult ground like caliche would be a plus.

A larger excavator would be ideal for that work since those trees are so heavy and dangerous and I could do more demolition rip through the hard-pack. Having a more stable platform would be nice, too. The 335 I use is very tippy even with conventional tail not to mention the hydraulics are not smooth like my Bobcat skid.

I can think of a lot of jobs I could do with a stronger excavator. No doubt it would pay for itself.
One thing I have learned is the equipment always seems too need to be bigger. Rarely do I ever wish it was smaller.

Page generated in 0.04183 seconds with 7 queries