View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog Diablo View Post
It is a waste of time to concern yourself with what other lawn care guys are doing or what they are charging. I have seen on LS many times since I joined a few months ago people talk about this $1 a minute rate. If thats the case then all these 20 min jobs we have that we are charging 30+ dollars for we should lower the price right? NO!!! My neck of the woods aint no different than anywhere else. These so called low ballers most of the time are no different than you and me. They are out trying to make ends meets and put food on the table and a little change in their pocket. I have accounts that I know I should be charging more but they are beside other accounts that I already had but regardless, you can't make any money sittin at the house.
LOL! That's true. You cannot make money sitting in the house. And Trust me, if I could charge $100 for a 10,000-sq lot I would. Actually, around here I am considered expensive. I have lost customers because I charge too much. lol. My labor rate is $65 an hour, and once I sit down this year and analyze the costs, I will probably be making chump change on cutting grass. But cutting grass opens the door to where I know I am cleaning up, and that is lawn restoration, tree and bush trimming & shaping, power washing, designing and installing landscape beds, retention walls, water features, and paver sidewalks and driveways. It only takes one good project a month to keep the wife smiling. So when I get two or three, she's walks around doing the happy dance, and for me, that's what it is all about. Keeping my girl happy and smiling.

Page generated in 0.03867 seconds with 7 queries