View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 02:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmccoy1 View Post
I was going through the same thought process as you are right now a few months ago. I have a GHS machine as well and sold my Exmark to find something that could fit in all of my gates.

I ended up going with the MBK 23 EFI 48 inch mulch deck. Let me tell you I love this machine. It does an awesome job and I can't tell a difference between the cut this leaves compared to my GHS. The machine does great on hills, much faster than the GHS and quality of cut is just the same. In tall wet grass you might have to double cut, but the second cut goes very fast and I'd much rather cut it twice than bag it. No clippings to deal with at the end of the day. The deck will actually load up with wet grass before it leaves a bunch of clumps on the yard. Just be sure to keep the deck clean in wet conditions. I paid $8,000 before taxes for the machine and deck.

I'm now wondering what to do with the GHS. I need it for scalping some yards in the Spring and for some leaf collection in the Fall, but other than that it's a backup. I'm thinking about next season just getting another 48 inch mulch deck for my GHS unit. If you have any other questions I'll try and answer them, but this has been the best mower I've had so far.
AWESOME!!!!! I am glad to hear first hand how it performs. I am confident it will be a good choice for me. I have a used 42" mulch deck, but wondering if the 42 and 48 perform differently other than the width of the cut.

That is a good price.... I have called several dealers and all are $7350 for tractor and $2230 for 42" deck before taxes. I am thinking of going in and offering a little lower to see if they will do it.

Do you know if the arm rests and light kit would be worth the money? And also how can I tell I I'm buying a 2013 model and not an older stocked model they couldn't sell? Serial number tell me that?
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.04107 seconds with 7 queries