View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 12:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I am in business to spray as well, started this year. My websites rank well, but i can't compete with the likes of lawn doctor, scotts or trugreen for lawn treatment customers. I think people naturally want to go with the nationally known companies. I've given up on the website for picking up many lawn app customers, and concentrating on some kind of referral program for current customers, door to door in neighborhoods i'm already in as well as door hangers that have a place for me to write in a price.. I'm hoping i can double my customer base that way as quick as possible so i can drop some of the mowing. Anyways, the website and craigslist have not helped me much for picking up the lawn treatment customers, but i seem to pick up atleast 1 or 2 mowing customers a week. I get about 1 or 2 leads for lawn treatment a month, while i may get 20 to 30 lawn mowing leads a month. Getting ready to take mowing out of my advertising completely to see if that will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad718 View Post
I started a lawn care business this spring doing only treatments, no mowing, landscaping, etc. I started out by going door to door through many neighborhoods dropping fliers, with very little response. Luckily for me, the company I used to work for went out of business and I was able to pick up quite a few accounts. Since I can't count on growth like that again, I have been looking into different advertising options. Has anyone had success with any of the following? Angie's list, Groupon, yellow pages, Google adwords, or possibly just hiring someone to make my website more visible, other? I have a very limited advertising budget and want to get the most bang for my buck. Any opinions are appreciated.

Page generated in 0.04406 seconds with 7 queries