View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 08:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

You could bring in a million a year, but if it took you 999,000 to make that 1 million, your broke. I don't think it's the number of accounts. I think it's more about how much you make off each account. I see guys all the time around me, talk about they have 50-60 maintenance accounts but they have payments on their 50,000 truck, mower payments etc. then you have the guy with 30 accounts, everything is paid for and be is the only one doing the work, he is making more money. I think the trick is to grow slowly, pay cash for equipment as you need it, and you have to know your cost so that you can make a certain profit off each account. you would be in better shape to profit 100 dollars off 100 accounts per month verse 1 dollar off 1000 accounts per month. I may not have said that right but you get the point. You can't measure success by number of accounts. And anyways, everyone measures success differently. One person might be successful by living in a cardboard box and eating everyday while someone else may see success as living in a 6000 sqft home with a zo6 sitting in the garage working only two days a week. You have to figure out what type of lifestyle you want to live and find ways to make the money to support it. To hell with everyone else and how many accounts they have.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.04298 seconds with 7 queries