View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersandWildcats2009 View Post
Smallaxe,

I'm new to this so any information I receive is news to me. I understand what you mean as far as making sure the roots are not growing in mud. But I was instructed to keep the soil "moist". The problem with keeping the soil moist, is when temperatures soar 100 degrees in September, then there comes the question am I letting my new sod dry out? Am I keeping the soil moist. So then you obviously have to resort to watering weird schedules. When the temperatures are soaring the water is disappearing into the air. Then I then get paranoid about watering? I'm going to go ahead and spread out tuna cans today. The weather has been calling for rain from a Tropical Storm for four days straight. I've watched it go from Sunny to Thundering with no rain to sunny. We got a quick shower yesterday, then right back to sunny. I think I got it figured out though, I'm going to just keep the soil moist for the first two weeks three times a day, temperatures should be dropping in the next few days) I'm going to cut the rain to two times a day depending on rain. And slowly reduce from there.
What I was referring to was tugging up on the grass to see if it is rooted in soil yet... if the sod lifts right up I would visually inspect the soil itself to see if it is greasy and void of air or if it is of a moist yet airy consistency...
What I do for sensitive vegetation in the heat of the day is "Syringe" with a cool water shower,,, w/out adding too much water to the soil...

Page generated in 0.04625 seconds with 7 queries