View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=agrostis;4861627]I'm not sure what that is, but i don't see stunting, wilting or yellowing in the grass around that. Even the grass blade's with the white spot's on them look healthy. The soil alkalinity may have something to do with that, so may the water, the soil or the fertilizer, it's hard to say. I would just watch it. It's really hard to diagnose any kind of turfgrass disease or mechanical damage over the internet (even with good close-up picture's), so to be on the safe side, and for your peace of mind, send a sample (and find out just what is a proper sample) to these people.

It looks like it's healthy and thick, huh? I know I'm going to have to do several mow applications before I can get it down to the right height, especially being so thick. I didn't want the fungi (if that's what it is) to spread any further. So I tried an organic method, from my understanding can't harm the grass. I applied 20 lbs of cornmeal and sprayed an application of 1 cup of milk for if the fact that I was having mold issues. Either way, I couldn't find a way that would explain that either of these would harm, but have seen that many people have had successful results with both of them. I'll let you know how the next 30 days go and surely by then I'll be cutting. I found a local shop that sharpens blades. I'm going to pick up new ones and alternate getting them sharpened every two mowings. Eventually, maybe I can catch me a Reel mower on CL.

Page generated in 0.03647 seconds with 7 queries