View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member
Originally Posted by UNIQUElawncare View Post
would you guys care to give some opinions? I was all geared up to purchase a Dixon mower this fall but now I'm looking at a Hustler Raptor 52" for under $3000 with a fabricated deck and other commercial features. anyone have one of these or tried one out?
The owner of Southern Indiana Equipment told me what a shrewd buyer I was for selecting the Big Dog R-748 Power Bar Mower, pretty much the same mower as a Hustler Fastrac but they are on close out because the power bar didn't sell.. The power bar is the same steering system used on the Hustler Trimstar hydro walk behind. I played with it in the parking lot and liked it fine, way better than the Ferris Evolution/Snapper s75x steering. I could probably get used to the Evolution but it was way twitchy in my test. I bought the BD for 3350 + 7% tax or 3584 out the door, about 10 % more than a Raptor. I pick it up tomorrow at 11 am.

He said he sells the Raptor for $3000 and his opinion was the Big Dog was a 5 times better mower. His exact words. I know he was blowing some smoke but Columbia is only about 150 miles from Lanesville Indiana. Service could be a problem though but I've found this dealer to be honest and the service dept competent.
Big Wheels in the back
Little Wheels in front
It's downhill all the way
Page generated in 0.03212 seconds with 8 queries