View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 01:10 AM
CL&T CL&T is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 493
In most states you just register your business and name with the county clerk for like $15, get an EIN from the IRS and a sales tax number from the state taxation dept that gives you authority to collect sales tax (if you are required to collect sales tax on what you will be doing in your state). You then operate as a sole proprietor, the simplest way of doing business. As long as you pay your taxes on April 15 nobody will bother you.

So to answer your question nobody cares how your business is set up. I wouldn't waste any money until you are ready to go S corp or a full C corp and only an accountant can tell you that.
Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.03808 seconds with 8 queries