View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 08:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

In spite of all the heat and lack of adequate moisture the grass ended up with ONLY 2 small areas that allow CG in... I will take care of those 2 spots with a bit of compost and a small amount of seed... Otherwise I believe that I am looking at a mature lawn that is able to live in the shade with minimal amounts of survival sprinkling...
Next Step AFTER the "Bridge Program" is full time organic maintenance...

In late Spring,,, an app. of 1/2 lbs of N and broadleaf Spot Spraying,,, before the Summer heat... After Summer Heat another 1/2 lbs. of N... Now that Fall is here 1 lbs. of N ,,, from Milorganite,,, and some additional Spot Spraying until the turf is full enough to prevent new weeds... That is difficult with shade but some areas have stopped weed germination already...

The natural development of mature stands of turf is what "Organics" should be about... We seem to have gone into the notion that "Organics" means buying organic products, that are more expensive while being less reliable... not for me...

Page generated in 0.03692 seconds with 7 queries