View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
I've sprayed urea plenty to know the drill there, though it has been a while! I am a slow walker too.. so yeah, always nervous about getting out there with spraying urea. Orkin lawn care brought in trucks with electric pumps in 1995 before they sold, and they didn't last very long spraying urea out of them. What i'm gonna do is stick to my slow release granular.. i just like how they work better.. sure it won't green up overnight but i like how the green color lasts.

More concerned about the muriate of potash, i figure i'd mix it in a big bucket first, and dump it in slow while its agitating, with atleast a half full tank.. wondering if warm water will help? and i'd mix it up right before i go out to spray rather than the night before. it could work.. worst thing that happens is i blow a diaphragmn on a pump that is relatively cheap, and another lesson learned.
http://www.synateksolutions.com sells a really good SCRN called Turf Flo. Will is a great guy to work with. I thought about spraying urea but I've heard too many horror stories.

I like the potash idea. Keep me posted on the results.

Page generated in 0.03656 seconds with 7 queries