View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 06:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseysmowing View Post
Most of my lawns are crappy and less than a acre. I only have two bigger lawns at 5 acres and the other is 2.5 acres. None of my lawns get any type of treatments.
Time to buy a walk behind spreader and sell some fertilizer. You'll profit from putting it down, your mowing job will look better, and you'll pick up other customers in the neighborhood who want their lawn to look as good as Harry Homeowner down the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseysmowing View Post
My goal for next year is to get rid of the low profit ones and replace with higher end lawns that make the job a little more enjoyable. Also would like to free up more time for landscape jobs since I've had to turn down a lot this year because I mow 4 days a week and it rained all the time here. BTW I only have put 150 hours on the cheetah in 2 years.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sounds like it's time to hire some cheap help and teach them how to string trim. It'll speed up the mowing jobs and open up time for landscape jobs. Pay the helper $10.00 per hour, charge $35.00 per man hour on the landscape work. It's time to take a step up and increase your profits using someone else's back.

Page generated in 0.03625 seconds with 7 queries