Old 09-20-2013, 03:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselss View Post
I have.
You clearly have NOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselss View Post
And I have been told by ISP that there looking at your door sticker and the trail vin plate if that equals 26001 you had better have a cdl. Plate weighting doesn't really make a big deal
Posted via Mobile Device
So if my F650 (26k GVWR) is towing my skidbob trailer (10K) what class of CDL do I need?

To help you out here are the CMV/CDL classes:

Quote:
(1) Combination vehicle (Group A)—Any combination of vehicles with a gross combination weight rating (GCWR) of 11,794 kilograms or more (26,001 pounds or more) provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 4,536 kilograms (10,000 pounds)
(2) Heavy Straight Vehicle (Group B)—Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 11,794 kilograms or more (26,001 pounds or more), or any such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 4,536 kilograms (10,000 pounds) GVWR.

(3) Small Vehicle (Group C)—Any single vehicle, or combination of vehicles, that meets neither the definition of Group A nor that of Group B as contained in this section, but that either is designed to transport 16 or more passengers including the driver, or is used in the transportation of materials found to be hazardous for the purposes of the hazardous materials as defined in § 383.5.
http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regul...spx?reg=383.91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.

Page generated in 0.03544 seconds with 7 queries