View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 03:38 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwarlick View Post
So i get a drive by "Hey can you swing by my house after your done" from a buddy of mines neighborhood. I am prepping his yard for overseeding, so I tell him i can come back tomorrow. I show up at a predermined time (owner knew) and there is a note on the door asking me to call him if I get done before he gets home from lunch and a PS "please bag the backyard." get my gear ready and head to the back and there is DOG POOP all over the yard. I have driven 25 minutes for just this one yard. I charged him a little extra but next time i think I will just walk. This is a side job for me. How do you PRO's handle situations like this?

Thanks,
Chris
We don't have time for one-time mowings. I'm not being arrogant. We honestly don't have time for that. All 5 of our crews are already busy 40-43 hours a week with their pre-set routes. I'm not going to take a crew off their route, give them overtime, just to make a couple bucks. Not even worth our time. In that case, we would just tell someone we have a minimum service call of $150.00 and that will usually scare them away. Now, if they want a quote for regular weekly service, that's another thing. We'd be glad to meet them in person, go over the property, give them a detailed quote, talk about service, etc. But only in person and only if they are wanting regular service. Those one time $25-$50 jobbies??? No. You do that and you're losing money and you don't even realize it.

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon

Page generated in 0.03988 seconds with 7 queries