View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 12:21 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipster View Post
WIN from organic sources would probably last just as long as coated synthetics. Remember, N release for coated synthetics is mediated by temperature, so release is slow when its cold and faster when its hot. WIN N from organic sources is mediated by microbial activity -- essentially temperature and moisture. When moisture is not limiting, WIN releases slower when its cold and faster when its hot.

I don't think there's much difference between the two when it comes to overwintering.
Would I be correct in saying that skipping out on a organic based fert for Fall makes more sense in favor of a synthetic product with slow release or even fast release due to added cost of product....? Pound for pound synthetic has more N value for the dollar.

Especially if a client insists on Spring power racking and haul off...?

In repeated tests....my experience has been a low mow in the Spring and even leaving the debris in place promotes a faster green up than the power racking/ dethacth drill.

Many on lawnsite make a chunk of change on this spring service and regardless of facts or what is best for the lawn...will continue to do this service for cash flow.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.04511 seconds with 7 queries