View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersandWildcats2009 View Post
I read your last sentence also, and it seems like a statement that holds it's worth. I agree if you build with organics, the soil structure will build overtime, but like you said, it's hard to build solely on organics without addition to the most needed nutrients that most syn ferts also include.

While I don't see nothing wrong with either, they give us what we need in some way or another, I see the most difficult challenge is distinguishing between which organic products are a "gimmick" and which ones actually provide us with those micro nutrients and organisms. I also see a challenge when you solely depend on "organics" or solely on "syn." In my opinion if you find the correct balance "organics" and the correct "synferts" you could have the best of both worlds, but I think it all boils down to determining exactly what your soil has in it and exactly what it needs. But I would agree that depending soley on "organics" isn't going to provide you with what you need to have a quick green up, which is what a lot of people out there are looking for, UNLESS you find something that is high in N obviously.
It might be helpful to think of Organics as a "Whole Organism" while thinking of fertilizer as Vitamin C...

So much of Botany occurs at the microscopic level and Microbes have been absolutely necessary to all life on the planet and every living thing relies upon it... there are microbes to utilize the Vitamin C but what if our microbes were not able to digest protein???

I have to leave now, but it is interesting to think about HOW organics work,,, and WHY synferts also work...
Only in slightly different ways... so stop thinking of organic products being mere replacements for synthetic products... it goes way beyond the NPK in 5-7 apps...

Page generated in 0.03217 seconds with 7 queries