View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks riggle,

A local guy who knows his stuff told me last year he only has luck in fall with ester so that's interesting. I am gonna test next week, a small area of the violets with 1oz:1000 3 way ester 2 and the quinclorac at full rate. I will try to remember pictures. These are mature violets. He asked yearly and has no problem paying what it takes but the precious service always said "yea they are hard to kill". I really want to get these. This properly is fully irrigated daily (customer insists) I always turn it off fr 2 days after treatment. I have to do some spot spraying on another property , some of it is irrigated and some is not. Ok to just use the backpack with the ester/ quinclorac mix?long as it's not above 80 when I spray?

Thanks again.

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
In my recent herbicide test applied September 23rd, 2013. On clover, oxalis and dandelion: Speedzone was best, but Gordons T-Zone and Surge were almost as good. A three way was only fair.

However...nothing seemed to have any effect on wild violets. Even various combinations of the above products were not effective. Fall must be the wrong time of year. Spring is better.

I made combinations by spraying the first product then applying the second on top of the first. Mixing them together in the same sprayer would be about the same.
When I mix two products together for tough weeds--I mix both at the label rate per thousand sqft. It is essentially then double strength. Remember there is a limit on 2,4-D-- I think it is no more than 2 lbs per acre per year. Don't exceed the 2,4-D limit and keep it low so you can apply 2,4-D at another time during the year.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.04750 seconds with 7 queries