View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 02:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Friend...... When you suggest a air leak/carb issue on a 4 cycle Briggs engine causing a over-rev situation, That reduces your credibility......

Reduces credibility: No. Makes me human: yes. Eh it happens No one is perfect.

Why would anyone in their right mind tear apart a perfectly good running engine ??? Gee I dunno a number of reasons. Bought unit cheap and wanted to make more money for it parting it out...

I think he called all of us that dont have ultrasonic cleaners idiots too...

If he went to all them schools....he didnt learn too much....

I mis spoke. But to say I didn't learn too much well you're entitled to that opinion. Also you know what they say about those. However it seems you'r getting defensive or upset that you don't have ultrasonic y'know they're not too expensive and they do a great job. There is a difference between cleaning a carb backwoods style with a tooth brush or putting it inside a jar and shaking it or what every they do in your garage. VS an Ultrasonic Thermal controlled unit specifically designed to scrub places your tooth brush just wont reach.

And I said Joke not idiot. When I first started out I cleaned carbs bubba style too but after I bought my unit I realized I was fooling myself. Times are changing fuel has changed. No longer will hot water/carb cleaner and some scrubbing remove these tumultuous deposits. You old timers had it easier back then. Try an ultrasonic. If you don't like it I'll buy you lunch for a week.
It is very important for you to post your results once the problem is solved so that people will be able to reference a solution to their problem down the road. YEARS may go by and someone has the same problem PLEASE POST YOUR "IT WAS FIXED WITH x SOLUTION.

Page generated in 0.03879 seconds with 7 queries