View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams lcm View Post
I operate a 7 day mowing schedule from April thru October and 14 days Nov thru march. We have an lco around here that does a 10 day cycle starting October 1st and then it switches to 14 day mow cycle November 1st thru march 31st. Then its back to a 10 day cycle all of April and starting May 1st back to weekly mowing. Now what is the benefit of this schedule? Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
The obvious benefit to him is that he is making less visits to the properties. Assuming he is getting a fair amount for each visit and he has covered this with his customers he might be making more than other LCO's.

For example less say you charge $100 a month - at 40 visits per year that is $30 a cut

Now if he is charging say $95 a month. His rates look cheaper but on the per cut he is actually making more because per cut he is making almost $36 a cut.

I would take a guess and say that is what he is doing and why. I personally do not see how you guys make it not going weekly until April. We start weekly in March and almost every property has a need for regular service starting then.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!

Page generated in 0.03829 seconds with 7 queries