View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 08:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Week 6 2013 Season

This field has survived 7th, 8th, 9th grade and varsity football games, occasional practices, a little use from Rocket Football, and band. It has had some damage, as expected, but is growing strong and hanging in there. However, I'm now getting my ass kicked by animals at one end of the field (out of bounds area beyond end-zone). I have seen squirrels digging here and suspect there is a skunk. There are no grubs, at least not a significant number (sprayed 7/31).
Name:  animal damage outside end zone_low res.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  176.5 KB

This is the visitor sideline shown in the last set of pictures. Traffic continues to be hard on it but the seed I put down before the game is helping a little. It would help if they could afford sideline mats.
Name:  visitor sideline pregame_low res.JPG
Views: 142
Size:  114.8 KB

Name:  new shoots from week 4 spot seed_low res.JPG
Size:  124.0 KB

It still looked pretty good for last Friday's game. We had 1/2" rain over 2 days in the week before the game. That is an amount of rain we should be happy to have and the field should handle. Not much drying happened that week due to cooler temperatures, overcast foggy days, and light winds. It played softer than I would have liked.

Name:  IMG_0004_low res.JPG
Views: 141
Size:  104.2 KB

Name:  week 6 early Q1_low res.jpg
Size:  89.2 KB

I will get some "after" pictures up from this game soon. There were 56 points scored on a soft field. There was some damage. There is one more home game to go.

Page generated in 0.05271 seconds with 8 queries