View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 10:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by round about View Post
lawn mowing cycles should be based on the properties needs to be serviced and not driven by the dollars you take doing them. I would like to mow on a 7 day cycle most of the time. I have had a lot of new customers this season feel their properties should be mowed on a 14 day cycle. I had to talk to them about how to mow their properties the correct why. A 10 day cycle is good if you can make it work. But the down side is if it is a thick well maintain lawn it looks better on a 7 day cycle without all the extra cut grass turning brown on top of that nice lawn. I adjust my mowing schedule to meet my customers need and to benfit the lawn needs. I mow every week during the season here in maryland and adjust it to the off season. Some lawns have more tree leaves than others which I like to mulch the leaves vice bagging them. When I bag them I charge a extra cash for that service. This is just my thought as a small business owner and a home owner.
Florida is a different ballgame. 99% of LCOs bill monthly. Its just the way things are done down here. We still mow 2-3 times a month in winter and sometimes 5 in summer. It balances the payment for the customer and puts the schedule in our hands. Its how you make money down here instead of the run around like a nut all summer praying you made enough money for winter. Every year this time we have to explain this concept in several threads.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Patriot Services; 10-07-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Page generated in 0.03297 seconds with 7 queries