View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valk View Post
I'll say that if EVERYTHING was the same (engine size/HP/impeller design?) except for the tube tips...then I could wrap my mind around this concept.

So what would happen if the 7500 tube tip was put on the 8500? Too much backpressure...&/or a possible 250mph air speed???
No. Go to Husky's website and study the specs. The 570 runs at higher RPMs than the 580. The 580 must have a slightly larger fan or more pitch or something ( I haven't removed a fan from each to see what the difference is) because it blows more air (on paper anyway), which makes its air stream more dense, thus more CFM. The fan on the 570 spins faster so more MPH. Changing the tube tip on the 580 is supposed to concentrate the stream into a smaller footprint on the ground, but defeats the purpose of the high CFM's by doing so. There is a forum member that doesn't post much, if at all, here anymore who has the 580. I believe he said he tried the 570 tube end, but preferred the stock end of the 580 for his purposes. Those comments are here on LS somewhere in his posts. He changed his forum name a couple times, so maybe he's here now under a different name, but if so, I'd be surprised because we get along well, but he likes to get into these threads and poke fun at my little 570 (which he admits scours better than his 580).

Page generated in 0.04335 seconds with 7 queries