View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipster View Post
Dude, I don't know the details of the US Lawns system -- that's why this thread was started.

But, I notice that all of you are thinking small. I guess I can't blame you, since that's all you know. But, the discounts they're talking about are on large items from large suppliers. The guys I talked to (both franchisees, but different companies) said they don't go to dealerships to buy equipment. They order their trucks directly from the National Accounts people at Ford, using their company's national account. Buying at a dealership is small time stuff and you way overpay for what you get. But, when a large company can deal with Ford for 500 trucks each year, that means something.

They probably don't get much or any discount for small local suppliers (mulch yards), but they can get large discounts from large suppliers.

It's pretty clear that you guys don't understand how large scale franchising can operate. Personally, I don't know the specifics of how US Lawns operates and I hope someone can help us out with that.
You've pretty much summed it up, most of the guys on here are small time, grossing less than 500.000 if you want to get over the million mark you'd better have a system or systems that can handle it, I'd bet that 98% on here don't have a clue as to how to get to the million mark, Not that I do, but at least I'm able to admit it. A franchise is not a golden rod but it enables you to put the systems in place to get a lot further a lot quicker. I've talked to over a hundred franchisees from all sorts of business over the last year or so, and they all said the same thing, they couldn't have gotten as far as they did as fast as they did on their own, and YES they would do it again. I've yet to meet one franchisee that had to put 100K to get started. All the ones that have been in business for over 5 years are grossing at least 750K I've been in business for five years now and am not even close to that. Systems work! if you work them properly.and most guys in this industry would benefit immensely from being in a system, whether they want to admit it or not, but for the most part their ego won't let them.

Page generated in 0.03806 seconds with 7 queries