View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 01:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
You've pretty much summed it up, most of the guys on here are small time, grossing less than 500.000 if you want to get over the million mark you'd better have a system or systems that can handle it, I'd bet that 98% on here have a clue about how to get to the million mark, Not that I do, but at least I'm able to admit it. A franchise is not a golden rod but it enables you to put the systems in place to get a lot further a lot quicker. I've talked to over a hundred franchisees from all sorts of business over the last year or so, and they al said the same thing, they couldn't have gotten as far as they did as fast as they did on their own, and YES they would do it again. I've yet to meet one franchisee that had to put 100K to get started. All the ones that have been in business for over 5 years are grossing at least 750K I've been in business for five years now and am not even close to that. Systems work! if you work them properly.and most guys in this industry would benefit immensely from being in a system, whether they want to admit it or not, but for the most part their ego won't let them.
If you are determined to reach the 7, 8, 9 figures (like myself), you'll need to educate yourself on how. Just recently, Ive spent several hours a week reading books such as E Myth, just finished Green Side Up, & started Pricing For The Green Industry. Theyre all about implementing systems into your business which is basically what I think about every day, all day, especially when I'm in the field doing whatever it may be, mowing, aerating, installing a hardscape, etc., the most effective way to get myself out from working in the field so I can grow my business to what I want It to be.

Maybe it's possible to get out of the field faster with a franchise, however I'd rather build my own brand, that could possibly one day become a franchise.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03389 seconds with 7 queries