Thread: Trucks
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

man, i hate to be on the negative side here but there simply is NO diesel out there getting 24 MPG pulling a trailer...MAYBE a 12 valve cummins going down hill...stop looking at the dash readout and hand calculate it...my dash says 18, i'm actually getting 13.5

and what's wrong with the 6.4? i have 126,000 on mine and the only two things i have had to replace is the radiator and alternator...i'll definitely take that, they are eventually going to have something wrong with them at some point, no matter what make or model

i also have tuned my truck with the spartan tuner, 275 tune...one of the fastest diesels i have ever been in, most potential out of any stock diesels on the road to tune

i'm partial to fords by far, but my company owns all three...i like GM the least, but that's mainly because of comfort and looks...however, i would say they could possibly be the best built with fewest problems, diesel or gas, GM has the best track record...i just hate to spend 35k on a truck that doesn't look as good as a ford and doesn't have the interior the ford does

we have dodges too, great cummins engines wrapped in a terrible truck...rust is terrible on the dodges and the interiors just fall apart

our most recent purchase is a GMC TopKick...having a bed built for it right now so can't say how reliable it is, but i'm optimistic given their track record...can't wait to use it

Page generated in 0.03963 seconds with 7 queries