View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 09:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroddy View Post
No. Poulans are far lesser quality parts. But you'll see some models are the same as the low end husqvarna, which is just a step above poulan quality. They do the same thing for jonsered line
Posted via Mobile Device
You got me, I should of went into a little more detail. Husky throws their low end stuff into a line to give the dealers a competitive price product. Kinda like echo put the new shindaiwa trimmer ( echo srm225) and backpack blowers ( PB-500 / PB755) into their line up to offer a wider offering on their products.

Personally I can't tell you if the Redmax trimmer engines are still manufactured in Japan. The blowers I know for a fact aren't. Husqvarna did intergrate some redmax products into the lineup the past couple years, ex. 380BT blower / 430LS trimmer. But they are not available this year. They gone. The 560/570/580 blowers replaced the 380BT- which was a great unit, and the New 535LS replaced the 430LS. All I'm sayingis Husqvarna buys a line, gets the advantages of the line (strato-charged engines) and kind of make them a lower offering and sell them to Distributors to sell to dealers. The same thing happened when they bought the Yazoo-Kees and Dixon lines. Now Yazoo-Kees is DEAD. This is why I stated that Redmax is most likely into a decline. Just like everything else Husqvarna buys. That's what makes them the second largest source of Outdoor power equipment in the world.

Page generated in 0.03179 seconds with 7 queries