View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I'm looking at the new/ 2014 Nav's myself they seem to have addressed many of the concerns I see here. The gas tank now swings open to get easy access to the belts. Seems like they have only been around for 6-8 years so they are behind Walkers in population.

I'm just so sick of the numerous ticky tack sensor problems with the walker and the cost of parts 1200 for a catcher, 400 blower, I have had that steel rim replaced in less than 1,000 hours on both of my machines. The Nav's have much thicker steel, bigger blower & shute, This years has an adjustment so you can partially mulch & catch by adjusting some plates on the deck. Like 60% catch & 40% mulch. The deeper deck & faster blade tip speed chops the grass smaller allowing it to pack more in the catcher. They also tell me that only about 1 hp drives the wheels the rest of the power is dedicated to blades & Blower while with the Walker the faster you go it robs power from the blades & blower so your blade tip speed actually slows down.

I'm not mechanically inclined I'm just parroting my sales guys pitch & seeing what the more educated guys here have to say about it.

After scalp & over seed season both of my Walkers are down 1 needs a starter, the other has about 2-K of repairs to get it functioning again & that's after many hours of redneck engineering to repair the catcher. It looks like Frankenwalker. Not really the image I'm trying to promote.

If anyone has a suggestion for non dealer priced Walker parts I would welcome a referral.

“If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however, if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.”

Page generated in 0.03299 seconds with 7 queries