View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 06:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Mscotrid,,, In Centro Wisco, lime,, is never going to be a 'bad thing'... it may be an unnecessary thing but soil around here always test <7.0 pH...

In the N. Ill. areas lime is never used and the very mention of it send h.o.s reeling, because the soils around them are always too high above 7.0pH and more lime will be detrimental to healthy growth of anything...

I'm not sure if there are areas where you live that 1 lawn might be >7.0 pH, then another lawn in the same general area would have a pH that is too far below 7.0,, requiring Lime to aid in better growth,,, but that would be a good thing to check out from local agriculture...

People got in the habit of doing lime around here becuz farmers were pushing alfalfa and lime is needed for better alfalfa,,, but not required for good grass... potatoes like a more acid soil than 7.0 and do great with just a bit of NPK...

Anyways,,, if you are struggling with pH questions, then test some soils and learn what is happening in your neighborhood...

Page generated in 0.03595 seconds with 7 queries