View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 08:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Maybe your Z does better than your tractor, but you can't make a broad assertion like that. I run both too, and have for years. The GT's will cut as good as any ZTR made...period. Like everything else, it depends on which brand, and which model you have in either type. My 23 YO JD garden tractor will lay down as nice a cut as your Z gauranteed. I've posted pics of the cut on here many times to back it up. It stripes awesome too, and I don't have any type of striper kit on it anywhere. It may not be as fast, but speed only matters when you're in this for money, or pressed for time, and the OP is not.
That is true Rindin Green. My tractor is a JD also (7 series), the zt is a scag. Both are considered high end mowers. At speed, there is no comparison to cut quality. The scag lays down nice stripes and cut at 10mph. If you slow down, the tractor can give almost equal quality, but when mowing multiple acres, I don't want to be driving Ms Daisy, I want to get done. I was just relaying my thoughts to Pete, he will have to make his own decision on what suits him best.

Page generated in 0.03837 seconds with 7 queries